Darstat captures network traffic, calculates statistics about usage, and serves reports over HTTP.
Darstat provides the following features:
- Traffic graphs, reports per host, shows ports for each host.
- Embedded web-server with deflate compression.
- Asynchronous reverse DNS resolution using a child process.
- Small. Portable. Single-threaded. Efficient. Uncomplicated.
- $ su
- # eix-sync
- # emerge --ask --tree --verbose darkstat
- # rc-update add darkstat default
- # vim /etc/conf.d/darkstat
INTERFACE="eth0"The next step is to start darkstat by running the following command:
- # /etc/init.d/darkstat start
- # /etc/init.d/darkstat status
Hope you enjoy darkstat. I find it extremely useful and refreshing.